Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Due to the legalities of providing personal advice, members are not allowed to use the AWHONN online communities for medical advice. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. For more detailed information, refer to the AWHONN Social Media Code of Conduct.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
AWHONN online HUB communities are proprietary forums. The AWHONN online HUB communities are private message boards administered by AWHONN. All message board content is allowed at the discretion of AWHONN. The organization reserves the right to remove any message board content without notice and for any reason. AWHONN reserves the right to remove forums with inactivity of at least 12 months or more.
This site is provided as a service for the members of AWHONN Hub - Online Community. AWHONN Hub - Online Community is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AWHONN Hub - Online Community or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AWHONN Hub - Online Community be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AWHONN Hub - Online Community and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AWHONN Hub - Online Community does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AWHONN Hub - Online Community we will take all appropriate action.
AWHONN Hub - Online Community reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Information You Provide and We Collect:
AWHONN may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information at various points throughout the site. Depending on the information and/or services you request you may be asked to provide your name, email address, address, phone number, payment details, and similar information. Once you provide your personal information, you are not anonymous to AWHONN.
If you purchase products from the AWHONN online store or make donations to EveryWoman EveryBaby on the AWHONN websites, your order is processed by a third party and your payment information is collected and processed by that third party. In connection with such purchases/donations, AWHONN will record certain information, such as the type of products ordered or purchased, and the date of the transaction.
The personally identifiable information you provide will be processed by AWHONN in accordance with United States privacy regulation. We encourage use of secure internet connections while using our web sites. Providing information through a public insecure internet connection may result in capture of that information outside of the control of AWHONN.
We use various web tools such as cookies, sessions, and other technology that may be stored on your hard drive to automatically collect information that tells us how website users are generally using our site, accessing services that are available on our site, and log web usage data from you when you visit the AWHONN website. This information is not categorized as personal information.
How and With Whom We Share Information:
- AWHONN will not disclose to third parties any personal information it gathers from you on our website except as specifically agreed to by you or as follows:
- To Provide Membership Lists. AWHONN does make its membership list available to certain companies on a rental basis. Each rental of the AWHONN membership list is for one use only and must meet very strict guidelines. All AWHONN members can “opt-out” or choose to not have their name included on the membership list.
- To Law Enforcement Authorities and Governmental Entities. We may disclose such information if legally required to do so, or if requested to do so by a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of AWHONN; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- To our Business Partners and Sponsors. We may share aggregate statistical information about our visitors, sales, traffic patterns and site usage with our business partners and advertisers. There is nothing in this information that could be used by our partners or sponsors to identify or contact you.
In addition, AWHONN may provide to third parties non-personal information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted and that may be combined with the non-personal information of other users. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for this aggregated or non-personal information. We also may not limit the third parties’ use of the aggregated or non-personal information.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.